The Trustees of the Sir Peter O’Sullevan Charitable Trust are open to receive funding applications from registered charities.
In the main, applications to be submitted should be animal-related and most probably equine.
However charities concentrating on young people, disabled or infirmed individuals or others associated with the racing industry are also welcomed.
Applications need to be received by the last day of November each year and will be discussed in detail by the Trustees to reach a decision by the end of January.
All applicants will be notified by email.
Applications or requests for more information should be sent to:
We shall require:
- Name of Organisation and personal contact.
- Full address details, charity number and Trustees (Letterhead will suffice).
- Email address and telephone number.
Then in no more than two A4 pages please:
- Whether you are run from a centre, or are you are pretty much autonomous?
- How are you funded and do you have to do your own additional fund raising?
- What full time staff do you have and how many volunteer staff?
- What precisely are you applying for? It could be general, but it would be better if you could be specific with a particular project.
- Would you be able to create a legacy to Peter by naming some part of a project after him e.g. the Peter O’Sullevan Gate, Bridge, Centre, Arena, Stables etc.
- Finally the amount being applied for - as a guideline we would normally consider applications from £10,000 to £100,000.